“Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” – Vincent Van Gogh
Giving Tuesday is a global day of giving, a global generosity movement held each year on the Tuesday following Thanksgiving. Giving Tuesday is a day that encourages people to give back in whatever ways they can.
So, how can you join millions of people in this global event? Simple. Donate! This year CSFB’s Giving Tuesday goal is $10,000, which is enough to support five scholars for an entire school year.
The beautiful part of #GivingTuesday is that it reminds us that every gift makes a difference and that there are many ways to give. So how can you make an impact?
- Set your own personal fundraising goal.
- Share your support for CSFB and spread the word on social media using the hashtags #givingtuesday and #CSFB.
- Start peer-to-peer fundraising by creating a personal fundraiser for CSFB within your network.
- Ask your employer or organization if they have a “matching program.”
- Share your CSFB stories with friends and families and ask them to donate.
Get ideas and get your kids involved by checking out the Giving Tuesday website. The website has free, kid-focused resources, like online lessons, inspiring stories about young philanthropists, coloring pages, and dinner discussion topics.
The essential part of #GivingTuesday is celebrating how every giving act matters, no matter how small. Also, remember that the day provides a fantastic opportunity for parents and caregivers to share their values around philanthropy, giving back, and getting the kids involved in charitable giving.
Children’s Scholarship Fund Baltimore